Microsoft #MakeWhatsNext Campaign 2019: 8th - 10th March 2019
We are excited to have partnered with Microsoft in the #MakeWhatsNext Campaign as we strongly believe that our young girls should have opportunities to make their dreams and aspirations in the STEM space a become reality. However, there are still far too few females in this space. This program allows them to show their potential and opens many opportunities in the STEM fields thereby closing the gender gap.
Why GoDigitalSA is participating in the MakeWhatsNext Campaign:
• To introduce STEM Careers and opportunities to the girl child and youth from disadvantaged communities, within STEM.
• Dispel the myth that girls cannot master STEM Careers and Digital skills.
• Inspire girls to understand the impact of the digital platforms and equip them with skills of leadership in the digital space.
• Inspire girls to become makers and innovators of digital technologies.
• Close the gender gap and the gap between the advantaged and previously disadvantaged, where access to STEM education is concerned.
Theme: Student Wellness Improvement Pupil Education
The focus for the 2019 Microsoft #MakeWhatsNext Campaign was to learn to apply App development tools and using Health and Data to visualize Student Health and Wellness Services with the intension of improving services that impact student health and wellness. The information was made available through the partnership with CAPRISA (Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa) and other related organizations.
6 top teams of 30 young girls conceptualized 6 apps and are being taken through further developmental training to further develop the apps.